EniSports Brand Attribution Guidelines
Enisports is committed and focused on world’s sport in Africa. We believe in unbiased and independent sports journalism. Accepting contracts for advertising and sponsored content allows Enisports to expand our coverage of global sports news and live events within Africa.
The guidelines demonstrates how Enisports protects all our sports journalistic integrity and the trust of our readers. Also working with our clients to meet their bespoke advertising and sponsorship requirements.
The guidelines apply to all advertisements published on any Enisports or Red Bery Group platform, including advertisements created or in collaboration with Enisports Solutions or advertisers.
Any advertisement is approved, content controlled and paid for by a third party.
- Enisports’ strict compliance with the Trust Principles: No relationship with an advertiser or advertising deal will compromise Enisports’ strict compliance with the Trust Principles, which require independence, professionalism, integrity and freedom from bias.
- Influence: Enisports’ editorial staff will be professional, and they will not create, edit, influence or otherwise contribute to the production of advertising.
- Advertisements and Content: All our advertisements or sponsored content will be clearly distinguishable from original content created by Enisports’ sports editorial staff. We will make the distinction, an advertisement will be prominently marked as “Advertisement or Sponsored content.”
- Responsibility: Advertisers are fully responsible for the content of their advertisements. It must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines and must not be false or misleading.
- The right to reject or remove any advertisement: Sponsored content or Advertisements do not reflect the views of Enisports or its editorial staff. Even so, Enisports reserves the right to reject or remove any advertisement if in Enisports’ opinion the advertisement is inaccurate, misleading or could harm Enisports’ reputation.
The following guidelines apply to sport content independently created or reported by Enisports news department, but funded in whole or in part by a paying sponsor:
- Accepting funding from sponsors to create editorially-independent content may allow Enisports to enrich our news file, expand our offerings for readers and customers, or explore previously examined news subjects in a new way or with a more in-depth analysis.
- Enisports may accept funding from paying sponsors if we would produce the content even without the funding because it is newsworthy.
- Enisports will agree to accept funding for content if the editorial leadership of Enisports News, including the Editor-in-Chief, agrees that the sponsorship deal is consistent with Enisports’ editorial standards and the Trust Principles.
- Sponsored content must be editorially independent content that is just as valuable, unbiased and reliable as all other Enisports news content. This means:
- As per our T&C, at the beginning of a sponsorship deal, Enisports and the sponsor may agree on broad subject areas for coverage. The sponsor may suggest more specific topics for Enisports to cover, but Enisports is not obligated to accept the sponsor’s ideas and will do so only if, in Enisports’ editorial discretion, the topics are newsworthy and of legitimate interest to our customers.
- Enisports writer, reports, journalists, or journalists acting at the direction of Enisports’ editorial staff, will collect facts and information, produce reported, and edit the content, without input or influence by the sponsor, to the same standards that apply to other Enisports news content. Enisports will not show copy to sponsors prior to publication.
- Sports sponsored content will be identified on the website
© Enisports 2016