Mayweather dismisses reports of deal to fight Nasukawa

Floyd Mayweather (Right) denies ever agreeing a deal to fight kick-boxer, Tenshin Nasukawa

American boxer, Floyd Mayweather has dismissed in totality reports of himself ever agreeing a deal to fight kick-boxer, Tenshin Nasukawa.

The former five-weight world boxing champion has said on Instagram he has not agreed to a formal bout with Nasukawa.

JOIN TO GET A FREE BET (@ENIBET)
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )
Join over 200,000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and FREE gifts daily.
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.

Mayweather had earlier on appeared to be in line to face the Japanese fighter on Monday, December 31 in Tokyo.

But the 41-year-old took to each and every of his social media platforms pre on Wednesday to address the issue.

Mayweather wrote: “First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa.”

He added: “I actually received a request to participate in a nine-minute exhibition of three rounds with an opponent.

“This was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

“This exhibition was previously set purely for entertainment purposes.

“But that was with no intention of it being an official fight card nor will it be on television worldwide.

“I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information,” Mayweather said.

Mayweather, one of the greatest boxers of his era seemed to have confirmed that the bout against Nasukawa would hold.

And that was while speaking at a press conference to promote MMA promotion company, Rizin Fighting Federation earlier this week.

He said: “I wanted to do something different, it doesn’t matter where the fight is but it’s in a special place.

“I always wanted to display my skills outside the US and be in a special fight.

“This presented itself, I spoke with my team, I got with Rizin and we put it together,” the American concluded.

Mayweather denies hearing about Nasukawa until recently

Floyd Mayweather, meanwhile, holds a 50-0 fight record after the defeat which he handed out to Conor McGregor last year.

Mayweather who reportedly pocketed about £228million against Conor McGregor denied ever hearing about Nasukawa until his recent visit to Japan.

The 20-year-old Nasukawa on his part is unbeaten in 27 kickboxing fights, holding a 4-0 record in mixed martial arts.

Mayweather, however, appears to be keeping people guessing on the rules set and format of his upcoming fight with Nasukawa.

That is in Japanese MMA promotion, Rizin on New Year’s Eve but it looks like the numbers are already out.

And according to Japanese media outlet, Tokyo Sports, Mayweather will earn $62 million for the fight against kickboxing prodigy, Nasukawa.

Leave a Reply